Food processing units comprise of heavy machinery and equipment (like slicers, grinders, cutters, etc.)that can make the space prone to accidents or injuries. For instance, workers can accidently bump into equipment placed in poorly lit areas, eventually hurting themselves. Since employee safety and health are of extreme importance in food processing units, authorities are required to decide on indoor lighting solutions that can illuminate the space uniformly. In such scenarios, LED lighting solutions can save the day as they are safest interior lighting solution for all kinds of commercial spaces.
I. Lighting standards
The lighting standards refer to GB50034-2013 Architectural Lighting Design Standards, and the lighting requirements for the food industry are as follows:
|Food and Beverage Industry Lighting Standards|
|AREA||Reference plane||Average illumination requirements/lx||UGR||UO||RA|
|Food||Pastries, candy||0.75 m level||200||22||0.6||80|
|Meat products, dairy products||0.75 m level||300||22||0.6||80|
|Drink||0.75 m level||300||22||0.6||80|
|Beer||Saccharification||0.75 m level||200||/||0.6||80|
|Fermentation||0.75 m level||150||/||0.6||80|
|Package||0.75 m level||150||25||0.6||80|
Lighting quality is a sign to measure the quality of factory lighting design.It mainly includes the following contents:
(1) Select lamps with high efficiency and appropriate light distribution curve.According to the hanging height of the lamps on the frame of the workshop and the room shape index scale, the lamps with different light distribution are selected (RI is the room shape index).
When RI=0.5 ~ 0.8, narrow light distribution lamps should be selected.
When RI=0.8 ~ 1.65, medium light distribution lamps should be selected.
When RI=1.65 ~ 5, wide light distribution lamps should be selected.
(2) Choose lighting sources with appropriate color temperature and color rendering index in line with production requirements.
(3) Reach the specified illuminance uniformity: the general illumination uniformity within the operating area should not be less than 0.7, and the illumination uniformity around the operating area should not be less than 0.5.
(4) Meet the quality requirements of direct glare limitation of lighting:
Uniform glare value (UGR) is specified in GB 50034-2013.So the allowable value is 22.
(5) Measures shall be taken to reduce the influence of voltage fluctuation and voltage flicker on lighting and prevent stroboscopic effect.
Ii. Selection of lamps and lanterns
At present, most workshops adopt traditional light sources. Note the following problems:
1. Great waste of electric energy;
2. Fast fading of light and short life of light source;
3. High maintenance cost (refers to the replacement cost of light source and maintenance cost of manual installation).
For the food workshop, we can choose Huapu LED mining lamp, the lamp has high luminous efficiency, and the lamp shade has anti-glare function, unique reflector design, the efficiency can reach 90%;High efficiency and energy saving, compared with traditional HID lamps and lanterns, energy saving can reach 50-60%.The lamp is superior to other types of lamps in comfort, illumination and glare, and can bring professional and comfortable lighting environment for customers.Fin-type heat dissipation structure, LED heat dissipation area is larger, thermal conductivity is better, not only effectively reduce LED node temperature, but also lower light decay longer life.At the same time, compared with similar products light weight, it is the best choice for indoor workshop lighting.
|Input voltage:AC90-305V||Working temp.:-30℃-55℃|
Iii. Lighting simulation
1. Luminaire layout
2. 3D renderings
3.The pseudo color image
3. Iso-illuminance chart
Iv. Application pictures
Copyright © 2021 GTL Lighting(Shen Zhen) Co., ltd. - All Rights Reserved.